Aperture Databanks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for fans of the "Portal" video games! All members will be given cake.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The General Chat Thread

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Rainy

Rainy

The General Chat Thread - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 12 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 10:53 pm

Ugh, same.
-cuddles OTP and sighs- I'm taking this too hard. I need to stop acting all... stress-y and just be happy. XD
Back to top Go down
Hatty Tat Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 12 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 11:01 pm

I feel kind of torn between my two obsessions now, though. Dx Maybe I'm incorrect, but it seems kind of like if people have tons of work for a bunch of different obsessions, they don't get as much attention. I must admit, I'd love to be popular one day. I'd have more of a chance with Portal, though, since it's smaller, and Homestuck doesn't really seem to have any popular fans. Plus, Homestuck has a big too many fans for my tastes. Portal is smaller, which is nice, because that means it has less rabid fans. xD In fact, I've never come across a stupid Portal fan. Portal still isn't really unpopular, though. To me, it's got just the right amount of fans. Homestuck does have quite a few really weird fans. Razz Anyway, I think that I still probably prefer Portal as a whole. To be honest, I love Homestuck, but it can get a bit confusing at times. And I really just feel kind of a loyalty to Portal. I still like Homestuck, though, and would like to do some art for it, at least, sometime. I couldn't really come up with fan fiction for Homestuck, except maybe some one-shots. Of what I've seen, most of the fan fiction with chapters of Homestuck is shipping, which isn't really my thing when it comes to that comic, surprisingly, since I'm usually such an avid shipper, or the fan fiction is in an alternate universe, which isn't really my cup of tea. Though, I did have an idea for a fan fiction in which the trolls are on our planet, and some hilarity ensues... xD I might work on that after my Portal story. I'm not very good at working on more than one writing project at a time, the Homestuck story would be easier, and like I said, if people have fan fiction for multiple obsessions, it seems to turn some people off. Maybe that's just a weird little coincidence that I've seen, though. It probably is, but I'm still paranoid about that.
Back to top Go down
https://aperturedatabanks.forumotion.com
Rainy

Rainy

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 12 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 11:06 pm

Yeah. I've always been very loyal to my obsession, above all others.
I get into other things and all, but I never find multiple things to be REALLLYYYYYYY fangirly over for an extended period of time. I have on main one that I love to death (<3), and a few others that are on-and-off and really only last a couple months at a time.
Oh, and I'm an avid shipper, too. XD People who don't ship - not in certain fandoms, but ever - will forever confuse my brain. ;-;
Back to top Go down
Hatty Tat Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 12 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 11:10 pm

That's how I am, too. I've loved Portal more than I have anything else, I think. :3 And if I have had other obsessions longer, I actually think that this one will last longer, because I feel more passionate than I've felt about past obsessions. Also, a lot of my past obsessions I'm not interested in because I've just grown up, but Portal is really something that can be enjoyed by all ages more. That, or as was the case with one of my past obsessions, the show started to decrease in quality. That can't happen to Portal, since no more games will be made... Dx At least that means I can make my own second sequel! Razz

I feel the same about shipping. xD I mainly don't like shipping in obsessions in which the fans are really freaky about the shipping, like what the Homestuck fans are like about couples. Portal fans, on the other hand, seriously never fight about pairing. xD It's quite refreshing. How are the fans of your obsession?
Back to top Go down
Rainy

Rainy

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 12 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 11:17 pm

I've had mine for a while. I mean, I recently want from in love to OHMYGOD THIS IS THE GREATEST THING EVER PURE LOVE<3333, but I've still been a fan of it for a while. And my OTP was always my OTP... the only one I ever have or will have. <3
The fandom's pretty cool. ^^
Back to top Go down
Invader Aqua

Invader Aqua

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 12 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 11:19 pm

Oh my gosh Rosie, I know just what you mean. I'm having that same problem. See, we all know I adore Invader Zim, and I never thought there could be anything that could ever compete with it. But, as you may have noticed, I've become completely obsessed with Portal as well. XD So they're kind of fighting for my affections right now. DX Believe it or not, GLaDOS is even able to compete with GIR for the title of Greatest Fictional Character in All of Anything Ever! And I thought nobody could compete with GIR!

Homestuck sounds interesting. I'd kind of like to look into it, but I've heard it's rather, uh, mature. XD I mentioned earlier that I have a hard time with explicit stuff.

Rainy, do I confuse your brain? I never really ship stuff... Really though, I just have problems with it. XD I don't really get all obsessed with shippings like a lot of people do. :< I want an OTP, but I've never been all obsessed with a pairing. It's usually just individual characters that make me happy. I'm sorry. XD
Back to top Go down
Rainy

Rainy

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 12 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 11:21 pm

No, not you. I mean those people who are like, "SHIPPERS ARE STUPID LOL LET'S JUST PAIR ALL OF THE CHARACTERS TOGETHER EVEN IF IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!11!!!!1!!"
Anyway, I'm the exact opposite. While I can love individual characters, I never can fall in love with them enough to claim them. I'm not gonna marry any characters from my obsession at the weddings, for example... I adore them, but not in that way. ;-;

Last edited by Rainy on Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typos.)
Back to top Go down
Hatty Tat Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 12 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 11:27 pm

I don't like really mature content either, but Homestuck isn't all that bad. It can be inappropriate sometimes, but not too often. It mostly just has swearing, which, while I don't like it, I can ignore it for the amazing story.

How did you come to realize how your obsession is more amazing than you originally thought it was, Rainy?

My Portal fan fiction will give you your one true pairing, Aqua! 8D

I only don't want Homestuck to became my main obsession instead of Portal over fear that if I have a bunch of work for both, I won't be able to get popular. I know that's silly, and my theory is probably completely untrue, but I guess that's kind of how I feel. But I probably do just feel some loyalty to Portal, too, and I would say that I still like it a bit better overall.

Aqua, you need to write a fan fiction in which GLaDOS and GIR meet. x3

Yeah, I understand when shipping just isn't somebody's cup of tea, but it bugs me when people act like anyone who likes romance is weird and a freak.

I love every character in Portal. <3 But obviously, Wheatley is my favorite. I usually find a certain character that I really love in my obsession.
Back to top Go down
Rainy

Rainy

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 12 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 11:31 pm

I'm not quite sure. But I'm glad it happened. <3
I sometimes fear I'll become too obsessed with other stuff, but I know where my heart belongs. It'll find its way back, even if I get into other things for a while. It's never fully off my mind, after all. X3 -weird<3-
Back to top Go down
Hatty Tat Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 12 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 11:37 pm

That kind of thing sometimes happens to me, too. I'll get a temporary obsession, but then I'll go back to my main one. <3

I want to sing right now, but at the same time, I don't. Dx At times, I can be such a confusing person.

This is kind of random, but when my sister gets back from the convention that she's at, she'll have a Vinyl Scratch pin for me! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Invader Aqua

Invader Aqua

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 12 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 11:39 pm

Oh my god. GLaDOS and GIR. Meeting. That would be so terrifying. o.e I am tempted. >8D
Still, I can't keep characters in character. DX I'd never be able to do it.

I dunno... I might check Homestuck out sometime. Where can I find it?
Back to top Go down
Rainy

Rainy

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 12 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 11:40 pm

Exactly.
I can have multiple interests coexisting, but my obsession will always be one of them and always win out in my heart. <3 And then there are some that are really on-and-off, but they're no competition, either. Like... I got into Pottermore a little this week, and it was fun for a few days, but HP isn't my obsession, not really.

I've heard a lot of bad things about Homestuck fans. Ugh... no offense or anything. ^^ You're definitely not like them, but I have a huge problem about not getting into things if their fandom annoys me. DX (Why I refuse to watch any anime.)
Back to top Go down
Invader Aqua

Invader Aqua

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 12 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 11:44 pm

I get extremely annoyed by the Invader Zim fandom, but I love the show to death anyway. ^.^
Back to top Go down
Rainy

Rainy

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 12 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 11:46 pm

I wish I could be like that, but...
So many things can easily turn me off to something, fandom alone. Like... I don't know.
Back to top Go down
Hatty Tat Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 12 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 11:51 pm

How bad the Homestuck fans is really quite exaggerated, though. There are still rabid fans, yes, but almost everything has weird fans like that. Anyway, just because one reads the comic doesn't mean that they have to interact with the fans. I originally believed what people told me about the fans, but as I interacted with them more, I found that what I was told was really not true. They're mostly just passionate, and come out with some seriously awesome fan works. My main issue is just that so much of what's out there for Homestuck is related to shipping, and the fans can get pretty crazy when it comes to couples. I think that I already mentioned how I feel about pairings in Homestuck. There are still quite a few cool fans overall, though. The weird fans aren't worth not reading the comic. Smile

Well, you said one time that GIR wouldn't be too hard to keep in character, since he's just complete randomness. xP If you listen to enough GLaDOS quotes over and over, you could probably get her personality right for a fan fiction, I bet. Razz That's what I do.

Just search up the name, and it should be the first result. ^_^

I'll be back later. My sister got back from the convention, and I've got my Vinyl Scratch clip! :'D
Back to top Go down
Rainy

Rainy

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 12 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 11:53 pm

That's true. XD I'm just horribly picky about these things.
Aw, okay!

EDIT: Okay, I have to go. </3 Staying at my grandparents' tonight, and there's no way I can get away with staying up any later than I have. Thanks for cheering my up!
Back to top Go down
Hatty Tat Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 12 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 12:05 am

Goodbye, Rainy. Dx And no problem. That's really what friends are for. <3
Back to top Go down
Invader Aqua

Invader Aqua

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 12 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 12:48 am

Hey, sorry for vanishing. ^.^' This is late, but bye Rainy!
Back to top Go down
Hatty Tat Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 12 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 10:37 am

That's okay, Aqua. <3 How are you?
Back to top Go down
Invader Aqua

Invader Aqua

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 12 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 11:00 am

Good morning! I'm good, Rosie. You? c:
Back to top Go down
Hatty Tat Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 12 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 11:10 am

I'm all right. I would like to do some singing, but I feel like too many people are around. :<
Back to top Go down
Invader Aqua

Invader Aqua

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 12 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 11:24 am

Agh, I know how that is. DX I can never sing in front of people. o.o'
Back to top Go down
Hatty Tat Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 12 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 1:00 pm

If you're interested, I just posted a recording of my singing over at the official Warriors forums. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Invader Aqua

Invader Aqua

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 12 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 1:04 pm

I just finished listening to it. ^.^ You're so amazing!
Back to top Go down
Rainy

Rainy

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 12 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 4:22 pm

Here.
Did you guys see BC's topic? Why is she whining about how much people hate her? o.e From what I've seen, we're the only people on the forums - besides a couple random people who hate OOTS as a whole - who have any kind of problem with her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

The General Chat Thread
Page 12 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aperture Databanks :: Off-Topic Discussion :: General Off-Topic Chat-
Jump to: