Aperture Databanks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for fans of the "Portal" video games! All members will be given cake.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The General Chat Thread

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Rainy

Rainy

The General Chat Thread - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 1:27 am

I never got the whole thing about why you should talk about him less. ._.
I mean, if I wasn't overly self-restrictive and actually bothered to suck it up and confess my obsession, I'd probably be a gushy fountain of fangirl blabbering. o.o I don't see any problem with obsessing... and to be honest, most of the critical people talk about things that annoy me, too.
Anyway, yeah, I agree. She's strong, she's tough, and she's been through some hard stuff and stayed that way, which is admittedly quite admirable. But then she does stuff like tonight, and I think maybe she isn't such a great role model. (Again, though, I gotta give her credit for her strength. It just doesn't make up for how much she can irritate me.)
Back to top Go down
Invader Aqua

Invader Aqua

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 1:33 am

Exactly, Rainy. That's pretty much exactly how I feel about her at this point.
Back to top Go down
Hatty Tat Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 1:38 am

When she said that about me, I must admit, it really did hurt my feelings. :/ And yeah, the slightest comment will make her think that you're pitying her. She's obviously just trying to be cool and edgy, as usual, but she's just coming off as a jerk. When somebody says something like that to you, especially when it's such a minor thing, it's really just rude to whine about how he or she is just trying to be kind. :/ And yes, as well as thank you, Rainy.

It's nice to see that I'm not the only one who feels better about myself with others talk about their obsessions. xD I guess I'll talk about my fan fiction. I'm in the mood for adorableness between Jerry and Wheatley. xP I guess it's because of how we've been talking about our friendship with each other. <3 I love when characters hate each other at first, but then become best friends, despite being completely different. That's just probably one of the only things I find almost as adorable as the relationship of a father and daughter. <3 I already feel happier than I have in a while now. Smile I'm listening to Love is the End by Keane now, too. It's the best song about friendship ever. It will always remind me of you guys.
Back to top Go down
https://aperturedatabanks.forumotion.com
Invader Aqua

Invader Aqua

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 1:41 am

That's lovely, Rosie. I'm glad you're feeling better! Smile You guys really just make me so happy. <3 And I'll have to check out that song!
Back to top Go down
Rainy

Rainy

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 1:43 am

Ugh, yeah.
I try not to say this, because I know it pisses a lot of people off when I won't admit what my obsession is, but I practically thrive off of other people talking about their own obsession. ^^ It's like... I can appreciate mine even more, and it makes me smile to know that people have things they get that fangirl-y about, too. Honestly, it shouldn't be a big deal.
I'm in a much better mood, too. <3 People are stupid, but at least there are non-stupid people out there, too.
Back to top Go down
Hatty Tat Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 1:54 am

You guys make me happy, too. <3 *Hugs*

I respect and don't mind that you just don't want to reveal what your obsession is, Rainy. To be completely honest, it kind of bugs me when people pester you about it, because I know that annoys you, and I don't like my buddy to be irritated. :3

You should look into the whole band, Aqua. They're just amazing. :'D Now I'm listening to Coldplay — The Scientist, to be specific. I'm so surprised that no one else has associated this with the shipping of Chell and Wheatley. I still feel like talking about friendship more, though. Razz The song Loathing from Wicked makes me think of Jerry and Wheatley's relationship. I can't see Popular fitting them, though. Wheatley would have to be Elphaba, since he's the social outcast, but Jerry just can't be like Galinda... xD And now I'm listening to Johanna from Sweeney Todd. Ugh, that makes me think of Basey, since she recently discovered the movie. She is not worthy of it, even if the original musical is better than the film, which she watched. Dx That's another song for Chell and Wheatley. But now the trailer theme of Dead Island is playing, a beautiful, quiet song with mellow strings and piano. I always associate this song with Apple and Wheatley. <3 Now I feel like talking about them. x3
Back to top Go down
Rainy

Rainy

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 1:58 am

-hug- <3
It does secretly bother me, although I just don't say it. I wish people would try and understand, but whatever - they have a point. XD
Back to top Go down
Invader Aqua

Invader Aqua

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 2:00 am

Ohh, I love Coldplay! The Scientist is beautiful.

Rainy, I've never bugged you about your obsession, have I? I can't remember ever even saying anything about it. XD Just making sure, though.
Back to top Go down
Rainy

Rainy

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 2:02 am

No, you haven't. ^^
Some people seem annoyed by it, but there's no one specifically who bugs me nonstop. XD However, you guys have been nice about it.
Back to top Go down
Hatty Tat Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 2:11 am

Coldplay is a great band. Smile If you like them, then you'll probably enjoy Keane's music a lot. Their styles are a little bit similar.

I don't have enough songs to associate with Apple and Wheatley. People just don't care about their fathers and daughters enough. D: And I get sick of songs really quickly, unfortunately, so I'm getting pretty tired of most of the music that I can relate to them. Apple was originally going to be a robot. When I first made her, Wheatley created her after taking over the facility, basically to just have someone to praise him. xD He mostly just ignored her, though, and she had this really dorky, one-sided crush on him. Then, I changed the story so that he would find her, and raise him as his daughter. When the plot was changed for the third time, the story took place when our role-play does. Their relationship was mostly the same, except she was a robot, and could speak — though he taught her — which somehow just made everything less adorable. I decided to have the fan fiction take place after Portal 2 when I realized that could put romance and more action into the story. I actually had two separate stories, but I decided that combining them would just be a lot easier. And I made Apple a human, of course, which made her relationship with Wheatley so much cuter, for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Rainy

Rainy

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 2:12 am

Apple and Wheately are cuteeee. <3
Father/daughter relationships do need some love. D: They're so adorable!
Back to top Go down
Hatty Tat Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 2:17 am

:3 You make me feel so special and happy. And that's so true! Of all the relationships between parents and their children, the bond between a father and daughter probably gets the least love. Dx I just love the idea of Wheatley, who hates smelly humans, adopting a little girl by accident. And everyone else will hate what they have, and say that he acts too much like a human, but he won't care, and adorableness shall ensue. :'D
Back to top Go down
Invader Aqua

Invader Aqua

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 2:18 am

That's cool. :3 I love how stories can develop like that! That's why I just wait for a plot to come to me when I want to write a fanfic. XD It always does.
And father/daughter relationships like that are always sweet. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rainy

Rainy

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 2:28 am

Sorry for poofing. ^^
Yeah, father-daughter stuff always seemed cuter than any other parent-child relationship.
Back to top Go down
Hatty Tat Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 2:33 am

I don't even know how I get most of my ideas. xD I guess a lot of stuff just pops into my head. Sometimes I get inspiration from stuff that I like, and I think maybe dreams sometimes, too. It's kind of funny how I usually like relationships where two characters don't like each other, but come to... except in romance, really. But if the couple is really good, I'll still like it, of course. Characters being in denial about their affections is just always so sweet, especially when it's Wheatley denying that he thinks this random little girl is cute. <3 I don't know why, but the idea of Wheatley specifically being a father is just so adorable to me. It's not just beause I like him, either. I guess his awkwardness would just make me squeal especially when he's trying to take care of a little girl. Wheatley can also be pretty selfish, too, so seeing him struggle with being responsible for someone other than himself will make for great character development, which everyone loves. I adore the idea of Wheatley growing up, as long as he stays in character. I like how Apple will actually be important to the plot, too, by helping Wheatley gain some maturity, which he'll really need.

That's all right, Rainy. Smile
Back to top Go down
Rainy

Rainy

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 2:34 am

Did I ever mentioned that I'm honored you let me be Apple in your RP? ^^ Cause I am!
Back to top Go down
Invader Aqua

Invader Aqua

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 2:38 am

That really is a sweet story, Rosie. Very Happy It sounds like there's a lot of development in there!

By the way, Rosie, do you have a cat OC? 'Cause all I can draw is cats, and I want to be able to draw you. ^.^
Back to top Go down
Hatty Tat Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 2:45 am

Aw, you're welcome. Smile I don't think that it would be as fun if I was Apple, since I'm already Wheatley. Writing scenes with both of them would make me feel like I'm dominanting the role-play.

Thank you, Aqua! <3 I've worked really hard on the story as a whole. September will be the first year anniversary of development. xP I know, it's quite pathetic that I still haven't written it. In some ways, though, it's a good thing that I've been slow, since the story has been changed a lot for the better. I hope that once I can finally write it, the fan fiction could be a success. ^^; And sorry, but no, I actually don't have a cat character. Dx If you can only draw cats, though, you could look up Wheatskers at deviantART. ;P

I may go to bed in a bit. D: I'm starting to get tired. Ha, I'm also super sweaty, and my right leg hurts...
Back to top Go down
Invader Aqua

Invader Aqua

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 2:58 am

You should make a cat fursona-thing. :U I already know what Rainy's looks like.

Actually, I think a lot of development is good. It means the story is well thought out. Imagine if you had started writing way back when you first thought of it. You wouldn't have quite as good a story as you do now! :3

I looked up Wheatskers, only one picture came up... is that what it's supposed to do? XD It's a nice picture, anyway. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hatty Tat Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 3:02 am

I'll have to make up one. ^_^

That's true. Smile

That's probably the right picture. Was GLaDCat in it, too? xD
Back to top Go down
Rainy

Rainy

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 3:03 am

I'm kinda falling asleep, sorry if I poof. XD

EDIT: Hey 100th post. <3
Back to top Go down
Invader Aqua

Invader Aqua

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 3:06 am

Yes. 8D And yes, you have to make one. XD

That's okay, Rainy. I'm a bit tired myself. ^.^'
Back to top Go down
Hatty Tat Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 3:08 am

Then that was the right picture, Aqua. xP You should check out some other stuff that artist has. She's great. I especially like her humanized GLaDOS design. I've always imagined her as a brunette. And I'm alreafy thinking up a kitty. Wink

Ha, that's all right, Rainy. I think that I'll go to bed now, actually. I'm really sleepy, and still do have school tomorrow. Dx I love you guys!

Last edited by Hatty Tat Cat on Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:13 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Aqua made two new posts while I was still typing.)
Back to top Go down
Invader Aqua

Invader Aqua

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 3:09 am

Bye Rosie! Love you too! <3

I think I'll be heading off to bed too. ^.^ Good night, girls! <3
Back to top Go down
Hatty Tat Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 10:58 am

Good morning! x3 I'm just popping in before school.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

The General Chat Thread
Page 7 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aperture Databanks :: Off-Topic Discussion :: General Off-Topic Chat-
Jump to: