Aperture Databanks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for fans of the "Portal" video games! All members will be given cake.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The General Chat Thread

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Hatty Tat Cat
Admin

The General Chat Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 10:32 pm

That's great. Smile Wow, you must really be making a detailed thread if it's taking this long! I can't wait to read about your character. Aw, bye Rainy! D:
Back to top Go down
https://aperturedatabanks.forumotion.com
Invader Aqua

Invader Aqua

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 10:33 pm

Ooh, I would LOVE to play the Curiosity core! And maybe I could be the Space core too. Very Happy
We don't have to add GIR, though. Normally I'm all for crossovers, but... I dunno, it'd be very unclear how he got there, and I don't feel like coming up with a whole backstory for it. XD Maybe if I think of something we can add him in later, or something. For now, I still need to come up with my own OC. I'd like to be some kind of turret, but I also kind of want to make my own personality core. I wish turrets could move around... OH, maybe I could be a frankenturret of some sort! Hm, I'll have to give this some thought...

Also, is Apple's name by any chance based on how Wheatley tells you to say "Apple" at the beginning of the game?

Oh, bye Rainy! :< See you later!
Back to top Go down
Hatty Tat Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 10:37 pm

You can be them, then! ^_^ If you'd like, GIR can just be an Aperture robot in this. xP If you don't want him in the role-play, though, that's fine. And take your time with an original character. He or she can come in later. And yes, her name is derived from that! x3
Back to top Go down
Invader Aqua

Invader Aqua

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 10:41 pm

Yeah, I'll just go with the cores. :3 They'll be fun to play and not too hard.
Back to top Go down
Hatty Tat Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 10:42 pm

That sounds great! ^_^ We can start now, I think. We won't go into the actual plot so much yet; we'll wait for Rainy, of course. We can just have the robots doing their jobs, and introduce the world a bit. Razz Is that cool with you?
Back to top Go down
Invader Aqua

Invader Aqua

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 10:46 pm

Sure! I don't really RP much... I used to be in a few fanClans on the warriors forums, but it's been a while and I'm not sure if my skills are rusty or what. ^.^' Tell me if I'm rushing anything or start spotlighting or whatever the heck can go wrong in an RP. XD
Back to top Go down
Hatty Tat Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 10:53 pm

I forgot, you actually should post an example. xD Eh, I'll let this slide out of laziness, though, ha. I forgot to put the level of role-play it is on the thread, but that actually may be for the best, since I don't know what level you are. We'll just see, and I'll fit it to how you write. Smile
Back to top Go down
Rainy

Rainy

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 11:48 pm

Okay, I'm back. ^^ Working on a character, so I could be poofy, but whatever. XD
Back to top Go down
Hatty Tat Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 12:03 am

Hi Rainy! *Hugs* <3 I'll vanish a lot, too, as I'm also trying to keep up with a Portal role-play on another site, and I write pretty long replies. :'D

Last edited by Hatty Tat Cat on Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : *Sigh* I forgot my color, as I usually do when I have to edit...)
Back to top Go down
Rainy

Rainy

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 12:06 am

Rosie! <3 -hugs back-
Okay, that's fine. XD ^^
Back to top Go down
Hatty Tat Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 12:09 am

Dear, how are you? Smile
Back to top Go down
Rainy

Rainy

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 12:11 am

I'm pretty good. ^^ Kind of dealing with writer's block, but not too bad. You? <3
Back to top Go down
Hatty Tat Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 12:33 am

I have writer's block all the time. Dx It scares me, because I'm so afraid that while I'm trying to figure out how to start my stupid fan fiction, somebody else will write my idea before I can. Dx I realize that if someone were to use an idea that I have, how I excute it and my story overall would still probably be different enough for people to not think that I'm trying to copy anyone. I would still love for my idea to be completely original, though. It would just make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside if people commented on how original an idea of mine is. xP

I apologize for now changing the subject a bit, but have you by any chance read or seen a film of Jane Eyre?
Back to top Go down
Rainy

Rainy

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 12:34 am

Hm. No, I've heard of it somewhere, but I don't think I've ever read/seen it. Is it any good? ^^
Back to top Go down
Hatty Tat Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 12:42 am

It's amazing! I watched a movie of it last night, and it was breathtakingly good. To be honest, since it's a romance, I expected to hate it, but it was brilliant. It had mystery, too, and even if it was only a romamce, the main couple was just so captivating and even sexy that I still would have enjoyed it. Mr. Rochester was especially awesome. I started the book this morning. You should totally check it out! I would recommend the 2006 movie that isn't as well-known. It was great, and my sister said that it captures the warmth of the original book better than any other versions do.
Back to top Go down
Rainy

Rainy

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 12:44 am

Sounds cool! ^^
Back to top Go down
Hatty Tat Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 12:53 am

By the way, you can start role-playing as Apple, if you'd like. Smile A good start would probably be when she first comes to Aperture, after wandering the wheat field outside for a while, hungry.

I feel like I'm controlling you so much. Dx Thankfully, once we actually get into the role-play more, I don't think that we'll really have this issue anymore. I hope that will be the case, anyway. ^^;
Back to top Go down
Rainy

Rainy

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 1:00 am

No, don't worry. ^^ I'd be floundering stupidly and annoying you with a million random questions if you didn't help me with these things, haha. XD

EDIT: Hey, do you mind if I post my OC now?
She's not really anywhere close to finished, but Word isn't working for me and I keep accidentally deleting her and losing all of my progress. DX I'll tell you when she's finished, though.
Back to top Go down
Hatty Tat Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 1:15 am

That's a comfortimg thought. Laughing Of course you can post him or her now. :3
Back to top Go down
Rainy

Rainy

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 1:18 am

Her. ^^
(I'll eventually make a him, though, as soon as I make a decent robot OC. XD Three female humans seems like a lot already, so I'll have to make a male robot or something later~)
Back to top Go down
Hatty Tat Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 1:36 am

That sounds just fine. Smile I can't wait to read about her, then! xD

I'm starting to get tired, but there's no way I'm leaving now. :'D With Apple entering the story now, this role-play is starting to get really juicy! ;D My eyes do sting, though, ha.
Back to top Go down
Rainy

Rainy

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 1:52 am

I know, right? XD
Sorry for being so... hesitant, I guess? My posts would be more detailed, but I'm still trying to figure out Apple and the Portal universe in general. o.o Eventually, I'll be more descriptive and stuff. I hope. XD
Back to top Go down
Hatty Tat Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 1:59 am

I really do think that your posts are still great, though. It's nice to actually be in a role-play in which the other participants use description. xD People that I try to role-play with are usually terrible, and it drives me crazy! xD I'm sure that you will get used to the world and character soon. Just remember that a lot of the places in this are actually made up by me, and in a lot of ways, you're creating Apple's personality. I've actually never been too sure what she should be like exactly. This should help. :3
Back to top Go down
Rainy

Rainy

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 2:03 am

Okay, thanks! ^^
Ugh, yeah. ._. It's annoying to try and work with really illiterate people. Especially ones who don't seem to realize how little description they use and have no decent grasp of the plot. XD
Back to top Go down
Hatty Tat Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 2:10 am

Sometimes I'll be role-playing with somebody who's literate enough, but he or she just doesn't use any description whatsoever. His or her posts consist almost entirely of dialogue. Occasionally he or she will have some very nondescript action in their writing, but that's not exactly brilliance. Maybe I'm just picky. xP When I role-play with people who are completely illiterate and have no idea what's going on, though, that is more annoying than anything else. Dx I love to role-play, and only recently have I realized how starved I am for a good one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The General Chat Thread
Page 3 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aperture Databanks :: Off-Topic Discussion :: General Off-Topic Chat-
Jump to: