Aperture Databanks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for fans of the "Portal" video games! All members will be given cake.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The General Chat Thread

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Rainy

Rainy

The General Chat Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:10 pm

Hm...
It would take a while to think up a robot character, especially since I'd have to check everything and make sure they would actually make sense in Portal. I guess I have a couple random human characters - they're kind of old, but I could work on them a little. But would that be able to work? XD
Back to top Go down
Hatty Tat Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:14 pm

That would be just fine. Smile And it's all right if robot characters don't fit exactly in the robot universe. I can help you with that. Anyway, most of what will be in this role-play is unexplored in canon. We don't really know anything about what the robots and their lives are like in Aperture, so this is really all from my imagination. xP
Back to top Go down
https://aperturedatabanks.forumotion.com
Rainy

Rainy

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:16 pm

Okay. ^^
I'll make a robot character later, but I could start on a human... hopefully it works out. XP
Back to top Go down
Hatty Tat Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:19 pm

That will be just fine. :3 I think I have a pretty good idea, too! How about I let you be Apple for this role-play? That would probably be funner than me being both her and Wheatley. I can make a page for her so that you know what she's like. Considering the fact that she's two-years-old, her personality isn't even that developed, anyway.
Back to top Go down
Rainy

Rainy

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:20 pm

Okay, sure! <3
I'll still work on a couple random OCs, though, if you want. XD
Back to top Go down
Hatty Tat Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:24 pm

Sounds great! We know how good you are at writing in a child's point of view, too. Wink You can also have some of your own original characters, of course. It really just depends on what you want. I'll start on Apple's topic now!
Back to top Go down
Rainy

Rainy

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:30 pm

Okay. ^^
Hey, for the character pages... is there any set format you want, or can we just have them however we want?
Back to top Go down
Hatty Tat Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:46 pm

Sorry this reply is late! Dx I had to dig around this website for the drawing of Apple that I requested this person do for me.

No, there isn't a specific form or layout for your original characters. Just give their personality, description, history, and the relationships that they have with other characters. Since you don't really know the Portal characters very well yet, you can just leave the part about their relationships with others blank for now, and add to that when your characters interact with the other ones through role-play. Smile Also, note that the world outside of Aperture is currently ruled by an alien race known as the Combine. They are cruel dictators of the planet. Oh, and Jerry is excused of a description because he's too small to even be seen. xD I should still probably come up with a description for him, though. I've actually been trying to think of how he would look, but have had no luck. ^^;

Would you like to play as Chell, by the way? I thought that you might play her good, since the two of you have the same personality type, ha.
Back to top Go down
Rainy

Rainy

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:48 pm

Okay, thanks! ^^
I guess I could try Chell. It would be hard, but if maybe after reading the thing on dA...
Back to top Go down
Hatty Tat Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:50 pm

I don't think that playing her would be too hard. After all, she actually never speaks in the game. Just think of her as a lot like yourself, and remember how I've described her to you. Razz Her personality is really up to interpretation. Also, the role-play is actually going to take place during Portal 2, but the story will start going in a different direction, as Chell will find the parts of Aperture where the robots are. It will be kind of based off of my fan fiction, except it takes place after Portal 2.
Back to top Go down
Rainy

Rainy

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:52 pm

Okay, I'll try. ^^
Back to top Go down
Hatty Tat Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:53 pm

I think that this will be fun. :3
Back to top Go down
Rainy

Rainy

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:55 pm

Yeah. XD
I'm gonna be poofy - trying to figure out what characters would work best here. Mehhhh~
Back to top Go down
Hatty Tat Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:58 pm

Aw, okay.

By the way, I don't know if you're lurking or just not here, but I see that you're on, Aqua. xD If so, who would you like to be? I'm going to guess you'd like GLaDOS. xP I'll be Wheatley, by the way. I don't know if I made that completely clear or not.
Back to top Go down
Rainy

Rainy

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 10:03 pm

Okay, I'm gonna start now... I hope. XD

Last edited by Rainy on Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : "I'm gonna star now", what the heck. XD)
Back to top Go down
Invader Aqua

Invader Aqua

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 10:04 pm

Oh, hi. I'm not so much lurking, I just have it open in another tab while I do other stuff. XD Yeah, I would kind of like GLaDOS, I'm just afraid I'd be bad at keeping her in character. D: I'm not nearly as funny as her and I'd have a hard time coming up with good lines.
Back to top Go down
Hatty Tat Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 10:07 pm

Ah, okay Aqua. Razz And that's all right, you can still have GLaDOS! Just do your best. She's really hard to keeo in character, and I'm not so picky about that for role-play. It's fine as long as she isn't super nice and loves the color pink, or something like that. xD
Back to top Go down
Invader Aqua

Invader Aqua

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 10:11 pm

Ack, I just couldn't. DX I'd be so worried about not getting her personality right, I'd go out of my mind. DX That's my problem when it comes to RPing my favorite characters. I feel like I'm not doing them justice and they're too awesome for me to play. DX

...Aaand, I just realized I used three "DX" faces in the same post. Oh well.
Back to top Go down
Hatty Tat Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 10:13 pm

Aw, I'm sure that you'd do fine, but if you really don't want to, I guess I can be GLaDOS. I'll probably have some trouble with her myself, though. I hope that won't make you upset. xD Maybe we could have just a little bit of crossover action, and you could play as GIR. He could even just be an Aperture Science robot in this. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Invader Aqua

Invader Aqua

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 10:17 pm

Thanks, I think you'd do better. ^_^' And... GIR in Aperture? Oh wow. He would drive everyone insane. XD That would be so funny. And he'd be a lot easier to RP, since he's pretty much just plain randomness. =D

Also, this is really random, but have you noticed some of the weird emoticons on here? o.O
Back to top Go down
Rainy

Rainy

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 10:20 pm

Look, they have an afro. XDDD afro
Back to top Go down
Invader Aqua

Invader Aqua

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 10:21 pm

Yeah! And a crazy floating face thing! What a Face And a... guy with a flower on his head? bom What is that thing? XD
I love them, they're hilarious. :'D
Back to top Go down
Rainy

Rainy

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 10:23 pm

alien ALIENNNNNN.
Back to top Go down
Hatty Tat Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 10:23 pm

I'll try. ^^; I'm pretty good at role-playing Wheatley, as I've had some experience with him. GLaDOS, on the other hand... I completely failed every time that I tried. To be fair, I never tried very hard, though. This will be good practice for my fan fiction, though. GIR can be Space Core's best friend in Aperture! Laughing Maybe you could be one or some of those spheres, Atlas, or P-body?

Ha, yeah, I need to take those really random ones down. They just come with the forum automatically. I'm just too lazy to remove them right now. Razz

*Throws confetti everywhere* Apple's page is finished! Very Happy I think that I'll start the role-play now. I do have a few more characters, but they can be introduced a bit later. Jerry and Apple are the most important ones.

I hope that Rainy makes a lot of original character, because I'll feel like I'm dominating this role-play too much otherwise, since I am playing as a lot of characters. Dx

You guys are crazy. Razz
Back to top Go down
Rainy

Rainy

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 10:27 pm

I'm working on a character now, and I'll probably make a few more when I get comfortable. ^^ I need to warm up to RPs first, but I have a lot of OCs and I do I bad job of resisting the temptation to make them. o.o So don't worry.

Edit: Ack. I have to go. D: I'll be on later tonight!

Last edited by Rainy on Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : No double posting? XD)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The General Chat Thread
Page 2 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aperture Databanks :: Off-Topic Discussion :: General Off-Topic Chat-
Jump to: