Aperture Databanks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for fans of the "Portal" video games! All members will be given cake.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The General Chat Thread

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Invader Aqua

Invader Aqua

The General Chat Thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 10:56 pm

Nah, say whatever you want. I'll listen. I hated it too, and I wasn't involved at all except for trying to get people to stop. .-.
Back to top Go down
Rainy

Rainy

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 10:59 pm

I just... I can't stand people who insult my friends, especially over petty things like a book character. ._. I don't know... I'll get over it, but it still upsets me that anyone would turn on their friends over a cat from books that most of them aren't even that interested in anymore.
Back to top Go down
Hatty Tat Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 11:01 pm

I agree completely. If I'm totally honest, Basey has always bugged me, and Bramia can sometimes kind of annoy me, too. I've just always felt like Basey has no respect for other opinions whatsoever. Not to mention the fact that Basey has to insult me because of my Wheatley obsession, instead of actually coming up with a reply that was related to the discussion that we were having. That's really pathetic. I've been trying to talk about Wheatley and Portal less on there, anyway, since it had been bugging a bunch of people. I'm also really sick of Basey constantly talking about death and insanity like it's just a joke, when that is really a serious issue, not something funny. I'd never brought it up, though, just because I didn't really want to start a fight. Then Bramia says that we're all hypocrites just for not liking a fictional character that she's a fan of. The fact that Hollyleaf made mistakes, just like everyone does, doesn't mean that we have to like her. I'm more hurt than mad, to be honest. I'm very upset, actually. I started tearing up when Basey made that awful comment about my obsession. Having a crush on a fictional character isn't half as bad as obsessing over murder. She talks about that plenty. I could call her out for it, but I don't. I have a lot more that I could say about this, but I don't really feel like talking about it. If you need to be calmed down, by the way, if your parents aren't around, look up the song Food is Still Hot from the soundtrack of Where the Wild Things Are. It never fails to soothe me.
Back to top Go down
https://aperturedatabanks.forumotion.com
Rainy

Rainy

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 11:04 pm

Yeah, I get it...
I mean, I'm friends with both of them, but they both seemed perfectly willing to turn on their other "friends" over a fictional cat. So... I don't even know anymore. I don't want to fight with them, yet I have no respect left for either at this point. It sucks, but... I can't really tolerate people like that. I'm not gonna let people act like babies over a book character.
I'm just gonna calm down before I do something I regret, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Invader Aqua

Invader Aqua

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 11:05 pm

Oh, Rosie, I'm so sorry about that. :< I always thought BC seemed cool, but she has been getting on my nerves just a bit sometimes, like when she acts like she's the only one who can ever claim Hawkfrost... but that comment of hers about you and Wheatley really was hurtful and uncalled for. I'm sorry that happened. *hugs*

I'll be right back guys, I'm gonna take a shower.
Back to top Go down
Rainy

Rainy

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 11:07 pm

Ugh, yeah.
That pissed me off. I had to leave at that point, or I was gonna get myself banned. ._.
Back to top Go down
Hatty Tat Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 11:15 pm

Thank you both. Basey's attitude about Hawkfrost can bug me, too. If I ever say that Wheatley is mine alone or something like that, I'm only joking, and I make it clear that I'm not being serious. You don't actually own a fictional character. :/ That's silliness. There are plenty of other people who like Wheatley the way that I do. I don't get mad at them for that. Instead, I like to chat with them about how much I like him, too. That comment about my obsession was really what broke the straw on the camel's back, though.

I wish that I could write... I still just don't feel inspired. I would just start when I feel like it, but the problem is, I'm not able to get on my brother's computer as much, the one that I use for writing, so whenever I can get on, I feel like I have to push myself to start writing.

Oh, and I'll see you, then, Aqua.

Last edited by Hatty Tat Cat on Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I missed Aqua's comment about having to get in the shower.)
Back to top Go down
Rainy

Rainy

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 11:18 pm

Exactly.
Me and BC used to get into regular screaming matches - not unlike this one, except significantly less personal - about Hollyleaf. ._. Granted, it was a year ago, and I moved on because we became friends and I figured she was past doing that, but apparently not.
Bramia... she was one of my first forum friends, and I could never hate her or anything, but what she said bothered me. Did she really care so much about Hollyleaf that she would ignore that Athy was obviously going through stuff and need our support?
Ack. Maybe this is why I gave up the constant Hollyhate - things get stupid and personal and it's not worth it. DX
Back to top Go down
Invader Aqua

Invader Aqua

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 11:20 pm

Hey guys, I'm back. :3 And in a much better mood now, I think. ^.^'
Back to top Go down
Rainy

Rainy

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 11:20 pm

That's good. Welcome back! ^^
Back to top Go down
Invader Aqua

Invader Aqua

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 11:27 pm

So um... are we still talking about the incident?

...I just realized that when I type/read the word "incident," I also think of the word "indecent." XD There is something seriously wrong with me.
Back to top Go down
Rainy

Rainy

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 11:30 pm

A little, yeah.
I'm calmer, though. XD That's a plus... I think.
Back to top Go down
Invader Aqua

Invader Aqua

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 11:31 pm

It looks like things have cleared up a lot back there, at least. Rosie's there.
Back to top Go down
Hatty Tat Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 11:31 pm

You take super quick showers. :O Or maybe I just take forever to clean myself. xD Anyway, welcome back. It's good to hear that you're feeling better now. Smile Thanks to the beautiful soundtrack of Where the Wild Things Are, I'm starting to calm down, too.

What especially bugs me is the fact that we're apparently hypocrites for not liking Hollyleaf, but she isn't hypocritical for constantly talking about how funny murder is, and then calling me a freak for liking a fictional robot as much as I do. I've been talking about Portal less over there, anyway, since it was annoying so many people.

You should be able to talk about how much you hate a character as much as you want, Rainy. It's your opinion. They have no right to personally attack you, or Athy, for that.

My brother wants back on his computer now. And of course, I didn't get any writing done. Dx He's been letting me on less lately, too. I'll still be here, though. I'll just get on another device.

Ha, yeah, I went back there. Things are calm now. I said one last thing to Bramia and Basey, and neither have replied. I wonder why. >.<

Last edited by Hatty Tat Cat on Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I forgot to mention something.)
Back to top Go down
Rainy

Rainy

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 11:35 pm

Yeah, looks like things are at that apology-filled phase. Which I good, I guess.
Oh, don't worry, Rosie. ^^ I could and would do it if I still wanted to, but it just isn't worth all the friends it (almost?) cost me tonight, or all of the respect I lost for people. That, and I have better things to obsess over than hating a fictional kitty. XP
But, yeah... some stuff BC says makes me uncomfortable. I know she's been through a lot and all, but she gets creepy sometimes. ESPECIALLY WHEN SHE GETS ALL MAD AND TALKS LIKE THIS. And the Portal thing was completely unjustified.
Back to top Go down
Invader Aqua

Invader Aqua

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 11:37 pm

Actually, I usually don't go that fast, but I wanted to get back to you guys. XD It did help me cool down, though.

...Gosh, now I'm afraid I may have made some kind of sick joke like that in the past. DX I hope I haven't offended anyone. :< But yeah, I know what you mean... I guess I never really payed attention to it, but now that I think about it, BC does talk about murder a lot. And how she's going to wipe out all the Hawkfrost "stalkers." .-. And I really can't beleive she called you a freak. D:<
Back to top Go down
Rainy

Rainy

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 11:40 pm

She also said this, just before the thread got deleted:

"I find it amusing that Bramble and I are treated as the dastardly villians and Miss Rosewhisper is welcomed as a hero of ranting.

Forgive my obvious nearsightedness but seriously, have the decency to listen to both sides."

That made me mad.
I've forgiven Bramia, I think. It seems like she genuinely was having a bad say and lost her temper, and she seemed sorry about what happened. But BC is like this all of the time, and she never really expresses regret for it...
Back to top Go down
Hatty Tat Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 11:40 pm

Yes, Bramia just apologized. I forgive her. She said that she's had a rough day, so while that doesn't really excuse how she acted, it's still understandable. It's all water under the bridge, anyway.

It's fine if you want to cut back, of course, because it starts problems. I've started talking about Wheatley less, since it annoyed a bunch of people, after all. But I still just think that you should be able to talk about how much you hate Hollyleaf as much as you like, and I should be able to talk about Wheatley as much as I want, too.

I realize that she's been through a lot, too, and I respect how strong she has been about her hardships. But just because she's had a tough life, doesn't mean that she can be rude to people and talk about murder and insanity like it's a joke. :/ I had when she talks in those red letters, too...

You've never said anything offensive, Aqua. Smile

Last edited by Hatty Tat Cat on Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Aqua made her post at the same time that I did, so I just edited it to reply to her.)
Back to top Go down
Invader Aqua

Invader Aqua

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 11:44 pm

Oh my god, Rainy, she said that? ._. That is just... wow. DX

As for Bramia, I do think she can be forgiven. I've always liked her.

But BC... Actually, I'm beginning to have a theory about her... I'm not sure if I should say anything. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Rainy

Rainy

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 11:46 pm

Exactly.
It bothers me that BC acts like she doesn't want pity, yet she makes facing problems seem like a contest. Obviously, I've never been through anything near as horrible as she has, but everyone has their own demons. She acts superior because hers are worse than everyone else's, and it bothers me sometimes... I mean, yeah, some things she does are excusable, but not all of them. I wish she would take a step back from "I'm a harsh mega-INTP and I don't have feelings!" and try to be understanding, or a good friend or something.
I mean, she is, she's defended me from people, but...
Anyway, you can say it, Aqua. You could be right, and I might know if you are or not.

Last edited by Rainy on Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typed the wrong name. XD Failllll.)
Back to top Go down
Invader Aqua

Invader Aqua

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 11:52 pm

Hmm... Well, the thing is, I used to know this person a pretty long time ago on the forums, and she was a lot like BC. She adored Hollyleaf and Hawkfrost, and claimed to be exactly like Hollyleaf because of personal experiences. Back then I was an avid Hollyhater, and she would bash me every chance she got for that, claiming that I was biased and only hated her because she killed "my Ashy," no matter how much I explained that I had other reasons than that. After a while, she was banned from the forums... I've actually wondered for a while if it's possible they might be the same person. It's possible that she's gained more self control since I last knew her, and it would explain why I always felt like BC didn't want to be my friend or held me in low regards. :/ I don't like to make assumptions, and I could very well be wrong, and it doesn't really mean anything except to me on a personal level, but there's my theory. XP

Ugh... Okay, reading back over this, I feel like it's too harsh. D: Just to clear things up, I'm not trying to say BC is harsh or mean or biased or I don't like her... although I have lost a lot of respect for her after tonight, I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea. ^.^' I just feel... mean, to assume this. o.O

Last edited by Invader Aqua on Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rainy

Rainy

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 11:57 pm

I know exactly what you mean, and I fully agree.
I kind of always thought that, but yeah. I figured she matured after she got banned and learned to be less sensitive to Hollyhate - there was a period of time where we'd actually joke about it and stuff. And she also has mentioned a few times in passing that she used to have a troll account, so I thought maybe she'd been trolling us then and didn't really act like that. But apparently, she hasn't put any of that behind her.
But yeah, she had a username starting with an E? I remember having heated screaming matches with her on your Ashfur vs. Hollyleaf thread. o.o
Back to top Go down
Invader Aqua

Invader Aqua

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 11:58 pm

Yes, it was Eilloh! I can't believe you remember her. XD But yeah, that's who I'm talking about.
Back to top Go down
Rainy

Rainy

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 12:00 am

Pfft, we were worst enemies. I think I'd remember her. XD
But I thought - if she was BC, assuming they are the same - she learned to be matured in her opinions and that we'd just subconsciously agreed to put our rivalry behind us after that. Trouble is, it's like not much has changed.
Back to top Go down
Hatty Tat Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 12:03 am

I have noticed and been bugged by that as well, Rainy. I feel like she's trying way too hard to be cool and edgy by constantly talking about how tough she is and putting other people down. The world is not an entirely cruel place, like she claims. Rather than being a jerk to mean people, like she says one should do, it would be more effective to show kindness to rudeness. That way, you just might make someone nicer. I have actually done this before.

I didn't see that comment. I find it to be quite pathetic. She's only bullying others to make herself feel better, if you ask me.

I never knew this person that you're talking about, Aqua, but that sounds like a very plausible theory. And while she may have matured a bit, she still obviously needs to act like a child less.

I just wish that someone would say these things to her face... Admittedly, I would kind of like that for revenge, but I'm also just sick of the crap that she says a lot of times. I really do not like her, and I never have.

By the way, I'm sorry that this was such a slow reply. Before switching to this device — which is harder to type on — I got a drink and went to the bathroom.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   The General Chat Thread - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

The General Chat Thread
Page 5 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aperture Databanks :: Off-Topic Discussion :: General Off-Topic Chat-
Jump to: